Brownie is a yummy snack usually loved by one and all. Who does not love to indulge on these heavenly delights once in a while, right ? I especially love brownies with walnuts.This was my first attempt in making it at home and was pleased with the way it turned out.I looked at couple of recipes online and one of the things I learnt was brownies can be either cakey , fudgy or gooey with a crackly top. I was looking to make a fudgy brownie and that meant avoiding baking soda or baking powder so it does not rise.Here is my version of the brownie after reading through various versions of recipes .This recipe is a no-fail one and turns out yummy!
Brownies with walnuts
A delicious fudgey dessert with a crispy, crackly top made with unsweetened cocoa powder ,sugar, butter, all purpose flour and walnuts .
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/8 cup super fine sugar or as desired
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil or cooking oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of halved walnuts dusted with flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 deg F
- Grease the baking pan with cooking oil spray and line with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle a little flour on the halved walnuts.
- Combine melted butter, oil and sugar together in a bowl and whisk well for about a minute , this gives a nice crackly top.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat for another minute until it gets a pale and lighter color.
- Add flour, cocoa powder , walnuts and salt gently stirring the dry ingredients until just combined .Do not over beat at this point as it will affect the texture of the brownies.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and smooth the top out evenly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until the centre of the brownies no longer jiggles and on testing with toothpick it comes out dirty .
- Cool in the pan and slice into small brownie squares.