Vegetable Hakka noodles is an all time favorite at my home . The noodles I use are the brand Ching’s Hakka noodles available in the groceries. This dish is quite healthy as well as you have good amount of veggies like onions, carrots, beans and bell pepper .I have also learnt over time to not miss adding cabbage and garlic to this recipe as it imparts a unique flavor. I try to make sure to have all these ingredients before hand before making this dish. I also used the Ching’s noodle masala available in the stores for flavoring, but it is optional and one can substitute with pepper powder, chili flakes and salt .The full recipe is below 🙂
Vegetable Hakka Noodles
Vegetarian Noodles with carrot, beans, bell pepper, cabbage and garlic great as a snack or meal
- 1 large packet of Ching’s Hakka Noodles
- 5 -6 shallots halved
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 carrots
- 5-6 beans
- 1/2 red and green capsicum
- 1/2 cabbage
- 5-6 mushrooms
- 1 bunch of scallions
- 3-4 green chillies
- 3 -4 flakes of garlic
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp Ching’s Noodle masala
- 1/2 tsp black or white pepper
- salt to taste
- Boil a big pan of water with a drop of oil and salt .
- Add the hakka noodles and cook al-dante (until half cooked)
- Drain to a colander and add running cold water to stop cooking
- Cut the noodles with scissors to about an inch long (optional)
- Heat 4tbsp oil in a deep bottomed pan.
- Add shallots, garlic, green chillies, onions , shallots and sautée for 10 minutes.
- Add half the scallions from the bottom part and save the top portion for garnish.
- Add the vegetables (cut length wise about an inch long ) and sautée for a while.
- Close the lid and cook covered until the veggies are half cooked
- Add the noodle masala (if using) , pepper and salt
- Now add the noodles and mix well
- Garnish with finely cut green onions (scallions)
- Turn off heat .Vegetable hakka noodles are ready!