Thai chicken basil fried rice is a delicious fried rice.I have always had it in the Thai restaurants and wanted to try it out at home .So looked at a couple of recipes online and came up with this one . The highlight of this dish is the unique taste of basil .This is best made with left over rice or rice which is chilled. The vegetarian version can be made by replacing the chicken with Tofu or just with the veggies only. The fish and oyster sauce is required in the original recipe but I just omitted it as am not a big fan of the same .This dish is also very easy to make .If you have not tried it, I would highly recommend you try it out! Please read on for my version of this recipe.
Thai Chicken Basil Fried Rice
A delicious stir fried rice made with chicken, basil leaves,bell peppers,carrots, snap peas, scrambled eggs based on the Thai cuisine and perfect for dinners .
- 5 oz boneless chicken chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 2 carrots diced
- 4 beans diced
- 5-6 snow peas diced
- 1 inch ginger cut into long thin stripes
- 2-3 garlic pods cut into small pieces
- 4 -5 shallots
- 3-4 Thai serrano chillies
- 1/2 a cup chopped spring onions
- 1 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1 bunch chopped coriander
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp oyster sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp Thai curry paste(optional)
- 1 tsp red chilly flakes
- 4 cups Left over chilled rice.
- Cut the chicken to small bite sizes .
- Take 3-4 tsp oil in a pan and sautée shallots, garlic, ginger , thai chillies and crushed red chilly flakes .
- Add chicken and fry on high heat.
- Next move the chicken to the side and scramble eggs in the side of the pan.
- Add soy sauce(and fish/oyster sauces if using) ,curry paste and sautée for a few minutes.
- Add bell peppers, snow-peas,carrots, beans, spring onions.
- Stir fry for about 6 -7 minutes.
- Add chopped basil and coriander leaves.
- Add salt to taste
- Cook until chicken is well done.
- Finally add left over rice and mix well.
- Garnish with spring onions, sliced cucumbers and chopped basil leaves.
- Thai chicken basil fried rice is ready to be served! Enjoy 🙂