Paneer Tikka is a delicious appetizer for any occasion.Almost everyone loves paneer especially the kids and this is such a quick and easy recipe.It is a good source of protein , Vitamin B12 and many other good vitamin sources. Marination is the important part , the paneer has to be marinated in the yogurt marinade mentioned in the recipe below for at least 2 hours or overnight , the longer it is marinated ,the better it tastes . I used my stove top to grill it .The outer coating turns out crispy while the paneer remain soft from the inside.It is preferable to make it just before serving so that the texture is maintained.I great reviews from anyone who has had them .So this is definitely a safe bet to try!
Paneer Tikka - Pan Grilled
A delicious appetizer based on Indian cuisine and perfect for parties and potlucks.
To make home-made garam masala :’Garam Masala’ is a blend of ground spices. Heat a pan and dry roast and powder black pepper,cinnamon, clove, bay leaf, cumin, cardamom in equal proportions and store in an air tight container.
To make paneer at home:The paneer (Indian cheese) is readily available in Indian groceries or whole foods but paneer can be easily made at home by adding 1/2 cup of lemon to 1/2 a gallon of boiling milk and straining the curdled milk into a muslin or cheese cloth and removing all the water.The cheese can then be cut into cubes or desired shapes.I used the store-bought paneer for this recipe.
chaat masala: This is available in Indian groceries and is a spice mix of dried mango powder, ginger,cumin,coriander,black pepper and asafoetida
- 1 cup of plain yogurt (whey and water removed )
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp of Shaan’s tandoori masala(optional)
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Corainder powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp powdered fenugreek leaves
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- Paneer cut into big squares
- salt to taste
- 3- 4 tsp oil
- Make a paste of the marinade.
- Mix the paneer in the marinade and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat a pan , spray some oil and cook the paneer on both sides for about 3 to 4 minutes until it is cooked.
- Squeeze a little bit of lemon and sprinkle a little chaat masala if you like.
- You could also grill a few vegetables like bell peppers and onions to go with it.
- Paneer Tikka can be served with mint chutney or ketchup.